Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's hard to hold the hand of anyone, Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender

[mp3 Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen]

Ya know...don't even download it. Quite frankly I don't particularly like Leonard Cohen's music. He himself said "Only in Canada could I win Best Vocalist" or something along those lines. I'm drunk at the moment.

Anywho, I do absolutely love love love his lyrics, and his writing outside of his songs as well. I could quote passionately words of his from songs I can't stand to listen to. I'm not saying it's bad, only that it isn't for me. His music is like that of Tom Waits in that some people appreciate it, some don't.

(but dear god, read the things he writes. They reach me in some secret intimate way I can't bring out of me otherwise.)

1 comment:

matsu_moto said...

i heard somewhere he spends forevvvver writing and rewriting songs. like, it Has to be perfect haha.